Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ode to 1951 Lilli Ann


Lilli Ann




Here are images in color of the fabulous Lilli Ann jacket from 1951.  The jacket has a wrap effect and has rhinestones with peach stitching as an accent.  The rhinestones are in marvelous condition for their age.  I truly feel transported to the early 50's wearing this ensemble.   




I thought the hat worked perfectly with the outfit.   In addition, I thought it would be great to experiment with a vintage umbrella as a prop.
I was playing around in Photoshop and I think I've found a good way to get a vintage feel from a photograph.  Below is my beginning attempts at conversion.  There are so many different ways.  I'll keep on playing with Photoshop.  Please excuse the netting layout on the hat still trying to understand the photography of hat netting, good learning practice before my photo shoot.







Detailed shot of jacket:










4 comments:

  1. You look divine!!!! I love your modeling poses! Fantastic post mama!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word that is stunning! When I think of "power suit", it's not the 80s that spring to mind first, it's mid-century gems like this.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words:) Lilli Ann suits are amazing and I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous jacket! You model it sweetly!

    ReplyDelete