Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Eisenberg Originals, Vintage Ads, and Celine

As you may know from reading my blog, I am a big Eisenberg fan of both their jewelry and apparel.

I thought I'd share with you an Eisenberg dress I bought off of Etsy awhile back.  This actually is one of the more "casual" dresses I've seen from Eisenberg.  I have subsequently sold this dress as I didn't really get the right vibe from the bolero as I thought I would but I thought I might share some photographs of this dress with you.


When Eisenberg first started out making clothing, they used to attach jewelry to their garments but the jewelry would mysteriously disappear.  Their jewelry became more famous then their garments.  This dress is probably more from the end of their dress making days but still a gem none the less.    I'd love to find the advertisement for this dress.

I have a lot more to share about Eisenberg jewelry and clothing in future posts.

Outfit Details:
Dress: Eisenberg
Hat:  Vintage Dior Etsy only $45
Brooch and bracelet: Eisnenberg
Shoes - vintage 50's







Meet Celine (my daughter decided on this name), this is my dress model.  This is one of those items I was on the fence about buying, but now I am glad I did.  It will make future cloth making much easier and of course selling items that aren't quite right for me.   I bought this dress form through Amazon and I'd certainly recommend this dress form to someone interested in one.  






Dress without the bolero.






I had to share this up close image of the fabric detail.  Look at how the seams match up perfectly to create a pattern.  This is quite impressive.  The dress fabric has a bit of a texture to it even though I believe it to be a cotton base. 


I thought I'd also share some vintage Eisenberg ads.   As I find more Eisenberg ads, I'll also share them.

I also have, yep you guessed it and Eisenberg Ad file on Pinterest, please check it out.

Here's a vintage ad, from Eisenberg 1951... fancy a cup of tea with these ladies?  Check out how the jewelry is integral to the design of the dress.  I have yet to see an Eisenberg Original garment with the original jewelry still with the garment.  I think in the case of these below,  they were sewn in.   These dresses were quite expensive back then at $60 and $70, respectively.  This is probably $600-$700 today.




Eisenberg Original Ad from Vogue 1950






Eisenberg Clothing ad 1949


Eisenberg Dress 1948






Eisenberg Original ad "My Vintage Vogue" 1944










A Happy Ending...



Oh, but Celine must have a head my daughter tells me.  The necklace is my daughter's.  She wanted Celine to wear it with this outfit.


Postscript:
Celine was also granted hands by my daughter but they don't quite work with this particular outfit.







13 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress! I love the color! Your daughter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love 40s-50s fashion and print ads. The dress suits you so well!

    Laura
    http://papermothballvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress and those ads are all so beautiful! Loving the color as well! Your daughter did a wonderful job on Celine's head, especially the bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the dress and bolero. Isn't it funny that sometimes we just don't get the right vibe from an outfit and yet others think it suits so well. Celine is pretty darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg your daughter is so cute!!! Oh Joanna you look sublime in those photos. That first one took my breath away. That dress is just amazing!!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue is stunning on you dear Joanna, suits you beautifully. What a lovely bolero and dress. Boleros are the epitome of chic if you ask me, wish I had more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, I love the name your daughter dubbed her. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is the head on Celine! Love it. And her name, much better than the name my dress form has. She is affectionately called "Fat A$$"

    Love this dress on you! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, we must change the name of your dress form!

      Delete
  9. That is a lovely piece! The color is especially appealing!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  10. this eisenberg two piece dress/combo is absolutely breathtaking! i love every little detail about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need an Eisenberg Dress expert stat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Information that you have shared was really very useful to us. If anyone wants to know about pattern making software, I think this is the right place for you!
    Pattern Making Software | Tailor App

    ReplyDelete