Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Vintage Shopping

This summer has been quite jam packed and I'm glad to be finally home.  I spent the last few weeks in Michigan with a short stop in Chicago.  One of the highlights was visiting Royal Oak where there are two main vintage shops called Paris and Lost and Found.   Paris has to be my favorite vintage shop.

I haven't had a chance to photograph my purchases but I bought an incredible hat, a 40's dress, and a nifty variety of jewlery.  When I first went into the shop I fell in love with a princess coat in velvet but I left it behind with the thinking "Is it really practical?".  After a couple of days of thinking about it, I went back in a bought it.  I decided that 50s glamour topped practicality.

Here I am outside of the shop:







Views of the amazing and vast selection of vintage joy.  I can't rave about this store enough and things are very reasonably priced.  It's hard to see from this front view but there are quite a few racks of clothing in the back of the shop.




Incredible selection of hats!









Here I am trying on this green hat ( I didn't buy this one but opted for a red new look hat to be featured in a future post.)  I thought this hat had an interesting side profile view.


















Bakelite dreams:




I thought this suit was really interesting with all the buttons.





Here it is another couple pictures of the velvet princess coat.  It is difficult to make out the details since it is black and I hope to take some more detailed photographs as the lighting isn't easy in a shop.






What? Even more vintage in the basement level?  Shop away!







A lot of beading on this dress!






A couple of stores down Lost and Found 



A great selection of vintage as well, at a reasonable price but more modern.


They did have a small selection of 40's and the rayon dress in the middle below was just lovely and I would have snapped it up if it would have been my size.  It was in awesome condition.





13 comments:

  1. 50s glamor all the way! woot woot! And all of those hats! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is this shop! I would love to have one of those near me. Love how they have all of the hats organized by color too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gasped, I actually, audibly gasped, as I scrolled through these photos. The fact that Paris organizes their items by colour makes me love them all the more. What incredible shops, dearest Joanna, I'm so very happy for you that you were able to visit these vintage filled treasure troves. (I agree, the button adorned dress is really neat - it probably wouldn't be that hard to replicate on a plain suit, especially if it wasn't lined or both fabrics were really thin.)

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* I've super missed you while you were on holiday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO in love with the entry and window displays of Paris! They are just something out of a dream! They are so perfect! And what treasures inside too! I can't wait to see what you brought home!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. O....M....G those shops! What a score! Oh my that is vintage heaven right there! So glad you found some awesome shops to go to! Yeah!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh! So many hats! It is like I imagine heaven to look like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an all out Royal Wedding hat, if I ever saw one. Love the color. Glad you found so many goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could spend a whole day there! Love to see more pics of your buys :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first store looks huge, and the other was quite full...how did you mangae to get through both of them in one day? I can't wait to see the coat in more detail. xx Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  10. this shop looks like vintage heaven! great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treasure trove! I would love to visit vintage shops as magical as these and try on all the amazing hats!

    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG the Bakelite case (swoon).

    That whole store is magnificent. I am both sad I don't live near it and happy I don't live near it (for my bank accounts sake).

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete