Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Local Estate

Last week, I took a stroll with the grandparents and children to a local estate that I've never been too.  It was quite fun strolling the gardens.  I'm sure this place is lovely to visit when everything is in bloom.  We couldn't get a peak inside the home so I'll have to go back again when I can look inside.   The inside looks really interesting to see.  They also hold some marvelous outdoor concerts in the summer.  The home was designed in Mediterranean style and was completed in 1939.  It is now a not-for-profit site, which is nice because you can roam the gardens and take in concerts in the summer.  We don't see many clay roofs around here so it is nice to see this "summer home" of Mrs. Rosen.

I wasn't sure of the weather so I wore boots with my Lilli Ann coat.  I'm glad I did wear the boots as it wouldn't have been quite practical to hike in heels.



















5 comments:

  1. What a lovely home .. would be fun to visit someday. The house reminds me of the Hearst Castle in San Simeon, CA.

    Monica.
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is sensational. Looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a majestic, timelessly beautiful home. There's no way I could pass up taking outfits at spot like that either (if only we had more old houses and estates like that around these parts!). Your boots are fantastic! I've been daydreaming about finding a similar vintage pair in my size for years - hopefully 2013 will be the year.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun this must have been! I love touring old homes and plantations. I simply adore your coat and those boots are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful house and estate. I like your scarf!

    ReplyDelete